Advanced Wound Center, where we provide a comprehensive range of wound care services to help you on your path to healing. We understand that wound care can be a delicate process, and that’s why we prioritize infection control in Marin to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients.
We follow strict infection control protocols to prevent the spread of infection and promote healing. Our team of experienced wound care specialists is dedicated to providing a safe and sterile environment for every patient. For further information about our infection control procedures, please feel free to get in touch with us.
Request An Appointment
What is Infection Control?
Infection control refers to the practices and procedures put in place to prevent the spread of infection. This is particularly important in wound care, where open wounds are at risk of infection from bacteria and other microorganisms.
Our Infection Control Protocols
At Advanced Wound Center, we follow strict infection control protocols to protect our patients and staff from the spread of infection. Here are some of the measures we take to maintain a safe and sterile environment:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper hand hygiene is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of infection. Our staff is trained in proper hand hygiene techniques, and we provide hand sanitizer and hand-washing stations throughout the center.
- Sterile Techniques: We use sterile techniques for all wound care procedures, including dressing changes and debridement. This includes using sterile gloves, gowns, and other equipment.
- Environmental Cleaning: We maintain a clean and sterile environment by regularly cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces and equipment in our center. We use hospital-grade disinfectants and follow strict cleaning protocols to ensure that our center is always safe and sterile.
- Patient Isolation: If a patient is at risk of spreading infection, we may isolate them to prevent the spread of infection to other patients.
- Staff Education: Our staff is regularly trained on infection control protocols to ensure that we are always up to date on the latest practices and procedures.
Questions About Infection Control ?
Why Infection Control is Important for Wound Care
Infection control is critical in wound care because open wounds are at high risk of infection. Infection can slow down the healing process and lead to complications like sepsis, cellulitis, and osteomyelitis.
By following strict infection control protocols, we can prevent the spread of infection and promote faster healing for our patients.
See What Our Patients Are Saying About Us
Dr. Carl Mani
I had severe wounds in both lower legs due to a severe case of cellulitis. I was in acute pain and worried about my prognosis.
Get in Touch with Us Regarding Infection Control
Our priority is infection control while providing top-notch wound care services. We have a team of skilled wound care specialists devoted to creating a safe and sterile environment to help with healing and stop the spread of infections. If you require wound care services, please contact us at our Marin locations to schedule an appointment for you or your loved ones.