Chronic Burn Care in Novato, CA
At Advanced Wound Center, our wound experts in Marin provides treatment for various wounds, including chronic burn. We understand that burn injuries can be painful, debilitating, and even life-threatening. That’s why we’re committed to providing fast, effective, and comprehensive care to help you recover as quickly as possible.
If you’re dealing with wound that just won’t seem to heal, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help! You can visit our location or give us a call to discuss any questions or concerns you may have. We’re here to help get you on the road to recovery!
Request An Appointment
When it comes to burns, the extent of the affected area is a significant factor in determining the severity of the injury. While the size of the burn is important, other symptoms such as blistering, numbness, and charring are equally critical in assessing the danger of the wound. It’s advisable to seek medical attention from a professional for any burn that exhibits these symptoms, regardless of its surface area. A medical professional will provide a thorough diagnosis and develop a customized treatment plan to ensure a successful recovery.
For top-quality chronic burn treatment and care, look no further than our wound care center in Marin locations. Our team of highly skilled professionals is dedicated to providing personalized attention to each patient, ensuring they receive the best possible care. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for all your burn treatment needs.
Assessing the Severity of Burn Injuries:
Chronic burns in Marin can be classified into three degrees, each of which requires a different level of medical attention.
- First-degree Burns: These burns are the mildest and only affect the outer layer of the skin, resulting in redness, swelling, and pain. Soak the affected area in cool water for five minutes and use loose gauze to cover it. You can also apply an antibiotic or anesthetic cream to the affected area.
- Second-degree Burns: These burns cause blistering and take longer to heal than first-degree burns. Keep the area clean and covered to prevent infection, and seek medical treatment with advanced wound care if the burn is not healing following treatment from ann ER or urgent care center.
- Third-degree Burns: These burns are the most severe and can cause nerve damage. Call 911 immediately and ensure that the affected area is elevated above the heart. Do not remove any clothing stuck to the burn.
Questions About Chronic Burns ?
Treating Chronic Burns
At Advanced Wound Center, we provide specialized treatment for burns to promote healing, reduce scarring, and prevent infection. Our professional experts are equipped with the latest technology and expertise to provide the following services:
- Wound Cleaning: We thoroughly clean the affected area to remove debris, bacteria, and damaged tissue.
- Dressing Changes: We apply specialized dressings to the wound to promote healing and reduce the risk of infection.
- Nutritional Advice: We provide nutritional advice to help your body heal faster and more effectively.
See What Our Patients Are Saying About Us
Dr. Carl Mani
I had severe wounds in both lower legs due to a severe case of cellulitis. I was in acute pain and worried about my prognosis.
Visit Advanced Wound Center for Chronic Burn Treatment
If you’re experiencing a chronic burn, don’t wait to seek medical attention. Visit Advanced Wound Center today for fast, effective, and comprehensive treatment. Our medical professionals are experienced in providing specialized care for chronic burns and are committed to helping you recover as quickly as possible. Contact us today to learn more about our services for chronic burns in Marin location.